Tuesday, February 8, 2011

time lapse tuesday: mommy's little valentines!

I have always had a weakness for Valentine's Day ... I'm a sucker for heart decor, heart clothing, the color pink, etc etc ... so when I had 2 little girls and all the energy of a young mother, you can imagine how much fun I had with each Valentine's season - I mean, please, they're adorable - why not run with it by adding a love theme?!  So in honor of my "time lapse tuesday" I give you ... my little valentines throughout the years.  I used to take a picture of the 2 of them and slide it into a heart-themed card, just like a Christmas card photo except with hearts, to send to all my family down in Florida.  I did it for 5 straight years, then gave up on the effort ... here are 4 of the 5 (not sure where 2004 went?!) in time lapse order ...


February 2002

February 2003

February 2005 - holding their 'bouquets' of pencil valentines for school

February 2006

And for good measure, a couple of extra February favorites ...

little ladybug, age 3 1/2
little ladybug, age 6 1/2

11 comments:

Kerri said...

Love the heart leggings! Your girls are just so darn cute!! What can boys where on Valentine's day? Totally not fair!

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

AGH!!! I love your girls!!

{cindy} said...

Oh sister love never gets old does it?
Now I see a close-up of those pencils! Perfect!
I love time lapse Tuesdays....when are you doing a linky party?!?!?:)
Have a happy day

Kimberly said...

All the pictures are adorable! Have a good day!

Gabe said...

Ok, the pink cowboy boots and hat are too adorable. . .

I love the one where little ladybug is looking adoringly at big ladybug!

Pam said...

they are too cute Sloan! I loved the heart tights..oh how I miss having a little girl to dress!!

Kim said...

TOOOOOO cute!!! The first one has to be my all time favorite! I can so relate to that hair. :)

Now...go get a 2011 shot and resurrect this awesome tradition!

Jess said...

the hair! the boots!!! your girls are so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so cute! :)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I just love both the fringed boots and pink cowboy boots. You are good. I only think of Valentine's the day before and then scramble to do my red and pink laundry. But you've got me thinking. It's on Monday already. Yeesh I better get going.
Thanks for some inspiration.
Dana

Karen said...

You may possibly have the cutest little girls EVER!